There’s many ways to support the ESSTEAM Lab and our mission!
We greatly appreciate all support, including helping to spread the word about what we do and donations of money, time, or talents. Please scroll down to find YOUR way to support ESSTEAM Lab!
Stay updated- sign up for our email newsletter & follow us on social media.
Donate! You can help us provide more programs and services
Please note that at this time, we are only able to accept donations from residents of SC and MD. Please email us if you need more info.
We are proud to be GuideStar Silver certified. You can click on the image to get more information about our nonprofit operations.
In the interest of being transparent, we are happy to provide a copy of our most recent annual report, 990 filings, and last three board meeting minutes upon request. Please email email@example.com to be put in touch with our Board Secretary and Treasurer.
ESSTEAM Lab, Inc. is a federally recognized 501c3 tax-exempt nonprofit organization. As such, donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
- Up to 6 Chromebooks (ideally similar to the Lenovo 11.6″ N4020C series), $220/each
- Up to 9 Root Robot Brick Top accessory, $20/per
- Up to 6 Hummingbird Robotic Kit from BirdBrain Technologies , $119 each
- Up to 5 Finch 2.0 Robot from BirdBrain Technologies, $119 each
- 3Doodler Start and Create+ plastics, price varies
- STEM books, see Amazon wishlist: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/39ZP4O4JMXO8D?ref_=wl_share
- Up to 6 Pocket Lab Voyagers, $148/each
- Up to 3 Flashforge Dreamer or Creator Pro 3D printers, around $600/each
- Big ask! One Glowforge Plus Laser Cutter, $4000
Local to the Charleston Tri-County area?
We’re in search of additional board members to begin serving January 2022! Ideal candidates will be local to the Charleston Tri-County area, and able to commit to: a meeting every other month, being ambassadors and advocates for ESSTEAM Lab (including fundraising), and ensuring that programs are supporting the mission statement. For more information, click here to open a fact sheet.
We are also looking for volunteers for our after school and home school program. Volunteers must agree to submit to a background check and be cleared prior to working with children. This position can be on call, occasionally, or regular days/times as preferred by the volunteer. Duties can include: photography during programs, leading or assisting with a class, or helping to manage class supplies.
Other volunteer opportunities:
- Social Media management. If you have the skill to create content that would support our mission and manage Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram accounts, you could help! Estimated time commitment of 3 hours a week.
- Website building and managment: having someone to post content and keep our website updated would be helpful! We’re currently using WordPress and Elementor; this would be about 2 hours a week commitment.
- Funding: grant writing and personal fundraising. If you have experience in this area, please feel free to reach out.
- If you have any ideas on how your talents might be useful to a startup nonprofit doing STEAM education, please let us know.
Many thanks to our major financial supporters! Our programs are made possible thanks to:
Anonymous Monthly Donor
(Your name could be here!)